Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I am a firm believer that every individual learns by listening, seeing, and doing. Most things that I have learned in life, I have learned from others.

Young children learn by asking their parents questions. Sometimes they are simply able to teach themselves new things by watching other people, and then doing the act themselves.

As we become adults in life, we practice these same principles to gain our own knowledge. With technology advancing and Social Media becoming more prominent, we must ask ourselves if “social media is reliable for obtaining credible information?”

One of my favorite hobbies is to view my twitter feed. Today I learned that there are 71 more days until kickoff for the NFL season. Because this information was released by the NFL Network, I believe it is true.

Some might challenge the information I learned today. They could say this information is not true knowledge and it is just interesting information. Others would say this is great, but tell me something about the economy or advancements in the world.

My example of the NFL and the NFL Network is specific to my life. Much of my Social Media consists of following my favorite sports and heros. What about people who visit LinkedIn frequently? People are always posting links to articles about valuable information in the world.


Social Media sites are reliable for obtaining credible information. We, as readers, must constantly evaluate what we are reading. We should challenge the information and then reach conclusions after checking the original sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment