Thursday, August 7, 2014

Being Good at Blogging

I have to admit I am no expert when it comes to blogging. I have a couple sports blogs that I read from time to time. With this being said, I wanted to learn what makes a good blogger. After concluding my research, I wish to share a few ideas.

As I began to analyze a blog, I first noticed I must have a completely open mind. I wanted to view a blog that I have never seen before. I asked my wife for a url address to one of her favorite blogs. http://www.mamalaughlin.com/

This author, mama Laughlin has a great name. People can relate to her. This a theme for all moms.

Point number 1: Have a great name and theme

Mama Laughlin does an excellent job of knowing her subject. She motivates people to lose weight. She has shared a story that many can relate to. Her blog is interesting (for women) because they can find good workout routines, meal plans, clothes, and everything that comes with trying to be an attractive woman and mother.

“In a nutshell, the key ingredient for a successful blog is to create great content that teaches people something.”

Point number 2: Know your subject

Writing a blog can be difficult because it is often the same type of material. It is important that a blogger is constantly giving their audience something new. You must find a system to create new ideas. Write things down! When you see something interesting, make a note of it.
Point number 3: Find a way to create new material

Writing a blog can be fun. It is great to dream about having thousands of followers. However, you have to start somewhere. You can have the best content in the world, but if no one knows about your blog, you won’t have many followers.

Point number 4: Put key words in your blog that will help search engines direct readers toward

Once people are at your blog, you must make it as convienent as possible for them to inform others about your blog.

Point number 5: Post links to social media sites where people can login and discuss your blog. This will generate traffic.

Mama Lauglin has a great logo. It is simply a picture of her, with a few defining words. As her blog continues to grow people will recognize it by simply seeing a picture of her.

The one area of improvement for this blog is better social media links. With this being said, she is doing a fantastic job. This goes to show that everyone has a story. Anyone can create a blog. Make sure it’s a topic you know and enjoy. Then go have fun with it!


My research was retrieved from : http://www.dailyblogtips.com/steps-to-successful-blog/

3 comments:

  1. I agree that a blog can become successful if it is able to reach the masses due to content and proper sharing. My only concern with starting my own blog is that although I enjoy different things, I can’t think of too many people who would go out of their way to read what I write. So even if a person puts all their best steps together, like the ones mentioned above, they also need to be dedicated to the blog and be willing to do what it takes to spread their words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so important for bloggers to know their target audience and to deliver relevant content to them. As you mentioned social media is a huge contributor to building a successful blog. I took a minute to visit this blog and it is great! Her recipes look delicious and will be trying a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to commend you for going out of your normal sports blogs to review a blog your wife visits! Good points on what makes a blog too!

    ReplyDelete